Before or at the time of collecting personal information, Easterntimes News will identify the purposes for which the information is being collected.
1. Easterntimes News will collect and use personal information collected solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
2. Easterntimes News will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes earlier stated. Easterntimes News will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
3. Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
4 Easterntimes News will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
5. Easterntimes News will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
6. Easterntimes News is committed to conducting its business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
You should be aware that when you use our website, mobile site, or mobile app, we may collect information by using ‘cookies’.
What are cookies and how do they work?
Cookies are small bits of text that are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Your browser sends these cookies back to the website every time you visit the site again, so it can recognise you and can then tailor what you see on the screen.
What are cookies used for?
Cookies are an important part of the internet. They make using websites much smoother and affect lots of the useful features of websites. There are many different uses for cookies, but Easterntimes News basically uses its cookies to provide the service you have asked for.
These cookies are essential so you can move around the website and use its features. Without these cookies, services you’ve asked for can’t be provided. These cookies don’t gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you’ve been on the internet.
Easterntimes News is based in Nigeria, and, regardless of where you use our services or otherwise provide information to us, the information may be transferred to and maintained on servers located in the Nigeria.
Please note that any information we obtain about you will be stored in accordance with Nigerian privacy laws, regulations, and standards, which may not be equivalent to the laws in your country of residence. By using our services or by providing us with your information, you consent to this collection, transfer, storage, and processing of information to and in the Nigeria.